Are you passionate about making a meaningful difference in the lives of children and families? Do you possess the dedication and skills required to provide protective, preventative, and support services that empower individuals and communities to thrive? If so, we invite you to explore an exciting career opportunity with the Ministry of Social Services in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan.
Closing Date: Sep 14, 2023, 12:59:00 AM
Join Our Team
At the Ministry of Social Services, we are committed to building a brighter future for our province’s most vulnerable citizens. We are currently seeking dedicated Child & Caregiver Support Workers to fill permanent full-time positions. In this crucial role, you will play a pivotal part in enhancing the well-being of children and families in Prince Albert and the surrounding areas.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Child & Caregiver Support Worker, you will be responsible for a range of essential duties, including:
- Conducting in-depth assessments of children and families to determine their unique needs and challenges.
- Developing and implementing comprehensive case plans tailored to the specific circumstances of each client.
- Collaborating with various stakeholders, including families, service providers, and community organizations, to ensure the best possible outcomes for children in your care.
2. Resource Planning
- Identifying and connecting families with essential resources and support services to address their needs.
- Developing resource plans that promote stability and self-sufficiency within families.
- Continuously evaluating and updating resource plans to adapt to changing circumstances.
3. Training and Education
- Providing training and educational resources to families to enhance their parenting skills and overall well-being.
- Facilitating workshops and support groups to foster a sense of community and empowerment among caregivers.
- Staying current with best practices and emerging trends in social work and child welfare to better serve your clients.
To be considered for this rewarding position, candidates must meet the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor of Social Work or a related degree in a relevant field.
- Strong critical thinking skills and the ability to analyze complex situations.
- Knowledge and understanding of multicultural beliefs, poverty issues, and their impact on individuals and families.
- A deep commitment to advocating for the well-being and rights of clients.
What We Offer
Working with the Ministry of Social Services comes with a host of benefits, including:
- Competitive compensation packages that recognize your skills and dedication.
- Comprehensive benefits, including health, dental, and retirement plans, to support your well-being and financial security.
- Advancement opportunities to help you grow and develop your career in social work and child welfare.
Candidates for this position should be aware of the following additional requirements:
- Willingness to Travel: This role may require travel within Prince Albert and the surrounding areas to meet with clients and attend meetings.
- Flexible Hours: You should be prepared to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, to accommodate the needs of the families you serve.
- Transportation: Access to reliable transportation is essential to fulfill your responsibilities effectively.
At the Ministry of Social Services, we prioritize Indigenous representation within our workforce. However, we encourage all qualified individuals, regardless of their background, to apply for this position. Diversity and inclusion are fundamental values that enrich our organization and the services we provide.
This is a reposted competition, and preference will be given to qualified equity group members who self-declare. The position involves 37.33 hours per week and has one opening. The closing date for applications is September 14, 2023.
If you are ready to embark on a rewarding career that allows you to make a positive impact on the lives of children and families in Prince Albert, we encourage you to apply. Join our team at the Ministry of Social Services and be a part of something meaningful.
Note: For more information and to apply for this position, please visit our job posting.
Disclaimer: The information provided in this article is based on the content available at the time of writing. For the most up-to-date details and to apply for the position, please refer to the official job posting linked above.