Unlocking Opportunities: The Pangburn, Ellis, LaBarge Study Abroad Fund
Are you an aspiring graduate student in the United States looking to embark on a transformative study abroad experience in Egypt? The Pangburn, Ellis, LaBarge Study Abroad Fund might just be the key to unlocking your dreams. In this comprehensive guide, we will delve into the details of this scholarship fund, providing you with all the essential information you need to seize this incredible opportunity.
Understanding the Pangburn, Ellis, LaBarge Study Abroad Fund
What is the Pangburn, Ellis, LaBarge Study Abroad Fund?
The Pangburn, Ellis, LaBarge Study Abroad Fund is a prestigious scholarship opportunity specifically designed for outstanding graduate students in the United States who aspire to enhance relations between Egypt and the U.S. This fund is a testament to the commitment of fostering cross-cultural understanding and academic excellence.
Who is Eligible for the Scholarship?
To be eligible for the Pangburn, Ellis, LaBarge Study Abroad Fund, you must meet the following criteria:
- You should be enrolled in a U.S. university.
- You must be an international student at the American University in Cairo (AUC).
- You should be a full-time study abroad student at AUC, demonstrating a strong dedication to your academic pursuits.
What Does the Scholarship Cover?
The scholarship offers a valuable tuition fee reduction for one semester of study at the American University in Cairo. This reduction can significantly alleviate the financial burden of studying abroad and open doors to an enriching educational experience in Egypt.
Application Process and Deadline
If you meet the eligibility requirements and wish to apply for the Pangburn, Ellis, LaBarge Study Abroad Fund, here’s what you need to know:
- The application deadline for this scholarship is October 31, 2023.
- As part of your application, you will be required to submit a 500-word essay that showcases your commitment to enhancing Egypt-U.S. relations.
- Additionally, you will need to secure a faculty recommendation letter, which should be sent to [email protected].
Other Scholarship Opportunities at the American University in Cairo
While the Pangburn, Ellis, LaBarge Study Abroad Fund presents a remarkable opportunity, AUC offers a range of other scholarships tailored to meet the diverse needs of both Egyptian and international students. Let’s explore some of these opportunities:
Hermann F. Eilts Endowed International Scholarship in Middle East Studies
- Eligibility: This scholarship is available for undergraduate students and supports those pursuing Middle East Studies.
- Financial Support: The scholarship provides financial aid for tuition and housing, with awards ranging from $2,500 to $5,000.
Simpson Endowed Scholarships in Egyptology
- Eligibility: Available for both graduate and undergraduate students interested in Egyptology.
- Financial Support: These scholarships offer financial assistance for tuition and housing, making it easier for students to explore their passion for Egyptology.
Study Abroad Scholarships
- Eligibility: Graduate and undergraduate students can benefit from these scholarships.
- Financial Support: Study Abroad Scholarships provide financial aid for tuition and housing, with awards ranging from $2,500 to $5,000.
The Bernard and Lisa Selz Endowed Fellowship
- Eligibility: This fellowship is open to international graduate students specializing in Egyptology.
- Financial Support: The fellowship provides valuable financial assistance to support academic pursuits.
Fund for Education Abroad (FEA) Partner Scholarships
- Eligibility: These scholarships are accessible through the Fund for Education Abroad.
- Financial Support: FEA offers scholarships of up to $10,000 for academic year programs, and application periods vary. Detailed information can be found on the Fund for Education Abroad website.
FAQs about the Pangburn, Ellis, LaBarge Study Abroad Fund
1. Is the Pangburn, Ellis, LaBarge Study Abroad Fund only available to U.S. graduate students?
- Yes, this scholarship is exclusively for outstanding U.S. graduate students.
2. Can undergraduate students apply for this scholarship?
- No, the Pangburn, Ellis, LaBarge Study Abroad Fund is specifically for graduate students.
3. Are there any additional requirements besides the essay and recommendation letter for the application?
- To apply for the scholarship, you must meet the eligibility criteria mentioned earlier, including enrollment in a U.S. university and full-time study abroad status at AUC.
4. What is the deadline for applying for this scholarship?
- The application deadline for the Pangburn, Ellis, LaBarge Study Abroad Fund is October 31, 2023.
5. How can I contact the scholarship administrators if I have further questions?
- You can reach out to the scholarship administrators by emailing [email protected].
The Pangburn, Ellis, LaBarge Study Abroad Fund is a golden opportunity for U.S. graduate students who aspire to make a difference in Egypt-U.S. relations while pursuing their academic passions. This scholarship, along with various other offerings at the American University in Cairo, reflects AUC’s commitment to empowering students from diverse backgrounds to achieve their educational dreams. Don’t miss your chance to explore the rich cultural and academic landscape of Egypt – apply for the scholarship today and embark on a life-changing journey.